To explore her question, we brought Amandah to the Provincial Archives of Alberta, to dig for files on the two dams upstream of Edmonton: the Brazeau Dam and the Bighorn Dam.
We also met up with local writer Billie Milholland, author of Living in the Shed: Alberta’s North Saskatchewan River Watershed.
- Report an Archaeological Find in Alberta
- Calgary Power – 1958 – Draft Memorandum Re: Brazeau Project [Provincial Archives of Alberta Acc. 77.173 Box 11, Item 133b]
- Calgary Power invites newsmen to witness closing at Bighorn Dam [St. Albert & Sturgeon Gazette, August 16 1972]
- Why the Big Horn Dam Should Not Be Built [Provincial Archives of Alberta Acc. 79.152 Box 13 Item 93]
- Kootenay Assigned to Band? [Red Deer Advocate, February 10, 1973 – found in Library and Archives Canada MIKAN No. 5095356]